Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Actron CP9190 VERY HAPPY!

To be fair, I don't have a ton of experience with code readers / engine scanners, but this unit gives an impressive capability for the price. For example, it gives live data similar to what a Snap-On MT2500 would give you on a GM OBD-I vehicle ('88 Chevy pickup with TBI). (I haven't played with the MT 2500 on an OBD-II vehicle to compare.) I'll assume the 9190 will display live data off OBD-II just like all the others. The 9185/9190's ability to display the live data for older cars really pays off when you own one of them, and was vital to my purchase decision. (I have a TBI pickup, and I'm putting TPI in an older Camaro)

I bought my Dad one first and he loves it and uses it for all his cars too. I was going to buy a used MT2500, but his experience on all his cars led me to buy one for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment